Friday, November 20, 2009

The Many Things in 1 Day

Excuse me for the disorganization ahead. Too much emotions in a day.

Teambuilding & Leadership course officially ended yesterday. The last group presentation was a debate on whether or not working in a team is better than working individually. My group was ironically choosen by fate (drew lots) to be in this debate and on the side of teamwork.

And of course, having my debate life discontinued for long, I didn't expect much from myself. But I was happy to be able to perform again - this time without stress. I was happiest when I successfully pulled it off in class and was praised by many. Even Ms. Chan clapped for me and eventhough it wasn't my best I think I did quite well. Paul said that I slayed men lol. Yes I slayed men with my tongue =P.

I'm happy not because I'd won; I'm happy because I feel that all those cheerings and acknowledgements back then were what I can trully accept from people. And those awed looks. Because debate is where I belong. I see myself in it and I feel so enlivened to be back in action. I talked a little with Ai-chan who isn't really a close friend in the bus today and realized that I'm really envious of Yew Jeen (ex-comrade) who is now a UM debator when she questioned me about why I do not choose to continue debating. I wonder if debate will ever become a thing of the past to me.

The course was completed with a happy ending. The last class activity was a paper plane competition. Everyone was having lollipop while doing it. Our team's plane was an orange one (because I commented that orange is the prettiest colour in contrast with the blue sky) by the name "Fly High" (which actually originated from me writing takaku tobe yo on the plane) and got the second place in the competition. Paul's "Big Bird" got first and guess what was the prize?? lol. Painappuru (Pineapple)!!! Murder weapon in Lies (Big Bang)!!! We got Double Decker lol.

Then we ended the day with photography session (big cameras since we have so many GD students). It was like graduation day. Sorry no pics because they're with the GDs. Will post up if I'll ever get them.

I had never really liked Teambuilding classes because they can be boring at times. But now that it had ended, I've realized that I would miss seeing the GDs. I might not know them well but I had fun watching them. Somehow I felt touched that day.


Sorry for boring you with the lengthy post but this is not the end... yet. o.o

And because I understand that we all have short attention span, I shall continue with the story tomorrow. So stay tune to part 2 if you're interested in the juicier contents.

-to be continued-

No comments: